Wednesday 6 February 2013

Twitter #I4Ed

I signed up for twitter WAY back when no one knew what it was. It was brought up every now and then but I didn't know how to use it. I can look back on my history and it says I signed up in 2009 with my first account. I really only started doing some serious tweeting about a year and half ago. I shared my thoughts, let people know what I was doing, and my favourite part, making up ridiculous hashtags. Now that I have joined the world of Educators I am sort of apprehensive about letting my colleagues and other professionals in on my "undergrad life", not that it is anything awful but maybe just not my best moments. But since joining the world of professionals and educators I created another account to use for resources and general education type things, and I really am learning a whole new side of twitter and tweeting. I see that people (that I have never met) are tweeting interesting articles and can answer questions that I may have just by simply using this one symbol (@) Another great thing about twitter is if you use a hashtag (formally known as the number symbol) you can see what thousands of others are saying on the same issue or topic you have tagged. It is quite neat actually! I think twitter is now my new favourite social media site. I find myself checking twitter more often than I am Facebook. If you don't have a twitter account and are interested I suggest you give it a try, it may not be for all, but I really enjoy it. It's so simple to use, and it doesn't change every 2 months, like some other social media site we all know of!
If you are new to twitter, give me a follow! @mslinzebraun

Another cool fact. I tweeted at one of our guest presentors and he saw that I had done so and asked his network of people to follow me, and new people are following me daily. My PLN is growing rapidly on Twitter and I love it!!!!
-LB

3 comments:

  1. Hey Lindsey, I am glad you are seeing the value of twitter, That was a neat experiment when George tweeted that request - pretty quick results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 weeks ago, I was lost when it came to the twitter world. Now that I understand it all, its a blast. I check it more than anything now. When George Couros started his presentation last week by acknowledging you because you gave a little "shout out" to him on twitter was awesome. I look forward to using twitter more and more in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Twitter is my new favorite social media device too. I check it more than anything else. I was worried about letting all of these educators into my personal life too, but I realized that they may as well see me for me. Everyone probably has something in their undergrad that they are a little 'iffy' on, and are probably lying if they say otherwise, so don't worry about it too much.

    ReplyDelete