Monday 11 February 2013

Grading Girl- An EduBlogger

As part of the course I am taking, the one that I had to make this blog for, we had to follow an Edublogger. We were required to find and follow an Edublogger for a couple of weeks. So my hunt began, our instructor gave us a list to start with or we could go venture out on our own. I started with his list, as he had many, and I went through it and picked a couple and added them to my RSS feed (a place where you add the blogs URL and when they post something new it shows you!) So the one I am going to blog about is entitled Grading Girl, she has a website and it is great, I also follow her on twitter and on pinterest (I love her pins!) I chose Grading Girl because she loves reading and writing. And after my first placement I have become very intrigued with this process as a teacher (Assessment, getting kids up to their reading level etc.) We also share some similar interests, I have really become intrigued with fitness and eating healthy etc and she too shares this interest. This on a side note from teaching.

A little about Grading Girl. Grading Girl is crazy about reading and literacy. She is a high school National Board Certified English teacher in Chicago. She has a Masters in Secondary Education and Educational Leadership along with endorsements in speech and reading. She also serves as a coordinator for her schools' Literacy Coach and Mentor Program. She is a well educated woman and someone that I feel I could learn a lot from.
Her blog is full of useful resources, including mini-lessons and ideas about how to get students interested in writing. She has book reviews, and other non education related stuff like recipes and nutritional information. (Which I really enjoy) She also has links to useful resources and other blogs she reads. She just has lots of different things on her website and you can always find something interesting to read about.
I will continue to follow her on her website. On twitter @GradingGirl, and on pinterest!
If you can, check her out!

-LB

3 comments:

  1. Hey Lindsey,
    It sounds like you have found a great resource and network with someone who shares your interests. Isn't it great to think that someday the resources that you are building here on your blog will one day become a resource for others to follow and share?
    - Jennifer Adams

    ReplyDelete
  2. I followed Grading Girl as well! I absolutely agree that she is extremely educated and someone that we can learn a lot from... not only educationally, but a few healthy recipes from time to time never hurt anyone either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lindsey!! I just stumbled upon your wonderful blog, and I must give you a very big thank you for your kind words and support. It is driven new teachers like yourself and Tiffany who motivate those of us who have been teaching for a few years to continue to grow and learn with you. I look forward to our sharing on the various platforms. Maybe we can meet one day . . . . NCTE 2013 perhaps (?) In the meantime, my very best wishes for a long and rewarding teaching career!!

    ReplyDelete