Wednesday 27 February 2013

The End is Near...What does the future hold?

Well folks, the end of the semester is nearing and for many in this class, you will move on to bigger and better things. This is one of the last "mandatory" posts for my internet for educators class and I really hope I can keep up the blog posts as I embark on my second student teaching placement  because I have really come to enjoy it and my cooperating teacher, I found out, is the technology "guru" in her school, so this was really exciting for me to find out.
Education has come a long way, even from when I started school, which really wasn't that long ago. Technology infused classrooms are where education is at right now. Technology is how the 21st century learner is going to learn , we have moved past the textbook phase and into the tablet phase. Technology is the "it" thing and so as educators we must accept this and go with it. Looking at the Horizon Report I was surprised at all the ways technology is being brought into the classroom. All of the tools and techniques that involve learning through technology really lets all learners have the opportunity to use technology.There was a piece of information that stuck out to me from the report and that was, at what point is there too much technology? How do we as teachers know what to use and what not to use. We can't keep using the same types of technology and techniques over and over again because then we aren't growing and changing at all either. I guess as teachers we will have to figure it out ourselves, it will take some mistake making but I think eventually as we find out our own unique teaching styles it will become a simpler task. The future of education has lots of changes ahead of it. But I know one thing, it will be very technology oriented. We won't see the effects of these implementations for a while, as everything takes time, but I am sure the benefits of having the world at our fingertips in the classroom will be great. Taking this class and learning about all the exciting things that education and technology have to offer makes me even more excited to be heading into the classroom in two weeks. Although it will be a challenge, I'm ready to learn. Being a 21st century learner is a great advantage and I can't wait to be a 21st century connected educator.
Next up is a little slideshow that is a presentation and a mashup of everything I learned and taken out of this course!

-LB


2 comments:

  1. I have also really liked communicating and learning via my blog and reading others, and hope to keep it up after class! I like what you said about not getting stuck using the same tools all the time. This class has made me more confident and willing to try new tools so I can continue to expand my knowledge and options!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Lindsay! I couldn't agree more about the excitement of technology, and actually reading your post led to me to become even more excited for student teaching than I already was! A few things have changed for me in the last few months. I think I will definitely benefit to keeping my blog open and staying connected with other educators. Even though the course is coming to an end I have no intentions of cutting the connection I have with them! Why not be open to new suggestions and ideas for becoming a great teacher?!

    ReplyDelete