Wednesday 27 February 2013

Presentations- So many things to learn

Ok, I lied a little in my last post about that being our last mandatory one! Ooops sorry. So yesterday in class we did some presentations on research we had done on education and technology related topics, and it was really fun and informative. Our group did a little presentation entitled "The Internet, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" if you would like to check it out here's the link https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1ErYv_zr4MNtcYhiK5iqU9O64-vkTF1lqO-A3bAtl3W4/edit
It gives you some food for thought about the internet and its uses ETC.

Anyway there were a few other presentations, and they were all very well done, quite engaging and had plenty of useful information. I found one presentation that really stuck out. It was entitled "How not to steal from the Internet." As a University student you think you know how to cite sources and that you'll never plagiarize because you don't want to get that AD on your transcript, but in actuality we do it anyway. When we make presentations we add pictures from Google images and never say where we got them from or "give credit where credit is due." So this got me thinking, how many times have I taken some information from the internet and not cited it? Probably too many to count now. So this presentation gave us helpful resources for ourselves as well as for our students on the proper way to use resources we have gathered from the internet and what many of the "Terms of Use" categories mean. I think I'll keep this presentation and its resources handy.
I would like to give everyone a big high five for a job well done. I feel like we have learned a lot about the internet and technology in this class (Uhhh duh Lindsey this class is called Internet for Educators!) stuff that I never would have thought to talk about. So yay us!

-LB

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree that they created a great wiki. I will definitely be using it in the future. I also loved your presentation on the good, bad, and ugly of the Internet.
    Hope you keep blogging as well, I think it is great for us ed students to stay connected and share our thoughts and resources

    ReplyDelete