Saturday 23 February 2013

Ever used an infographic?....me either!

Infographic, yet another "technology" term that at first had no meaning to me. BUT as I did a little research (and a few classmates showed me some examples) I knew exactly what it was. As I am an avid Pinner (on pinterest) infographics come up all the time, especially in the fitness and health category. An infographic is just a visual representation of data. It's fun to look at and easy to decipher. You can find a web app that helps you put information together in an appealing way. I think infographics would be fun to use in a classroom for projects or even just fun activities. You can use it for many things and most kids would find it entertaining. They could build their own infographic to help people get to know them using information about how long they have been born for example. They could split it into years, months, weeks, days, hours, minutes and seconds.
I decided to build my own infographic. I was reading other blogs and found a neat website that could help me accomplish this task. Since I love twitter I thought this was a perfect idea, I would compare my two twitter accounts! One is my personal one that I made quite some time ago and one is my "professional" one, and I wanted to see how the two compared!
Infographics can be used everywhere and for anything. It really is just an interesting way of showing data, and I think I could really make great use of it in a classroom setting!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment