Friday 18 January 2013

Blogging eh?

           Well this is my first post and I am actually quite excited to start blogging. I (like most) have always thought about blogging, but thought I had nothing worth while to say. But I think this could be a great place to share resources as well as create a network of resources for others, to become, what I think will be a better, more knowledgeable and exciting teacher.
     First off, a little about myself. I am from a small town in Southern Manitoba. I have two siblings, one brother and one sister. My mom is a retired elementary school teacher and I credit her for my interest in becoming an educator. I use to spend my last week of summer vacation in her classroom, as she got the class ready, I would pretend to teach and draw all over the chalk board (and sometimes pretend it was my own classroom). I have a love for hockey and winter sports. I learned to skate on an outdoor rink at a very young age, and soon became involved in the minor hockey system. I played organized hockey till I graduated in 2009. During my time in school I traveled to New Orleans Louisiana, and helped rebuild a house after hurricane Katrina. I also went to Italy in grade 12 and after that trip I caught the travel bug, and I have an itch to go back, and explore even more. After graduation, I moved to Brandon and started attending Brandon University, I graduated with my BA in June with a major in History and a Minor in Sociology. I am now in the Middle Years stream in the Faculty of Education at Brandon University, and enjoying (almost) every minute of it!
      I hope I can keep up with this blog, even after the semester ends. I hope you all enjoy my posts, and I'll try my best to keep it as resourceful as possible.

-LB

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining us Lindsey. You have some interesting experiences to share, hope you enjoy the ride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogging world. I am also very new to blogging and to twitter. I love that you caught the travel bug and there is opportunity for you to teach in a different country with the University (unfortunately not Thailand). But I hope you do not go during slow pitch season because the Young Guns need you! Since you are in your first year do you ever think you would like to teach abroad? If so where is your dream location?

    Thanks Jen Falk
    "Teach long and prosper" Star Trek

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would never go during slow pitch season! I would love to teach abroad, dream location, hmmm not to sure. I would love to teach in the UK, for some reason I just always think that would be sweet. But I know people that taught in South Korea and loved it, as well as all the opportunities to travel while living there.
      We'll see how things go, hopefully I can make this dream a reality.

      Delete
  3. Welcome to blogging Lindsey! I too am a 'new' blogger! Good luck in your blogging endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome, again, to the blogging world, Lindsey. It's a great place to reflect on learning and teaching and grow from feedback. I look forward to learning with you throughout our course.

    ReplyDelete