Wednesday 5 February 2014

digital stories, photo editing... the list goes on and on

This past week we were given some tasks that were fun, pushed my creative side and made me think a little deeper about how to use them effectively .

So we began the week with digital stories. A simple and unique way of creating a story with pictures and captions and a little bit of music to jazz it up even more. We were given a quick tour of different sites to create these stories on and we were off! I created mine on Animoto, I just took some pictures I had from a trip I went on, but them on a template and VOILA an interesting and unique way of sharing a story. There are plenty of sites and programs to create these unique stories.
You could use digital stories in the classroom for whatever purpose you wanted. It could help the students with their writing. You could create a digital portfolio of students work. You could also introduce a subject or topic this way. Your options are unlimted, and its fun and unique!
Here is my short animoto story!
http://animoto.com/play/JGnD20Sby7c31ViWsxmxnQ

Another short assignment we were given was to pick a photo and then an editing website and edit a photo in some way and play around with the various options. Again there are plenty of ways of integrating this idea into a class project as well as there are plenty of websites and apps to do this on. I chose picasa, but we also did one on pixlr.com.


The one with pixlr, we were given a statement "Learning is.." we were to finish the sentence, find a picture (www.compfight.com) that displayed how we finished the statement, and then we created a unique image. I made sure to give credit to the photo, and just added text. There are endless possibilities with photo editing! I found that I can play around for a long time with all of these apps. I prefer ones that are user friendly, as I am not a pro at this or anything. Easy to use and understand rank high on my list. If you have any other easy to use photo editing sites let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment