Sunday 19 January 2014

ePortfolio- Do or Don't

This past week in class we discussed portfolio's (the binder and paper kind) and ePortfolios. We talked about the pros and cons of both types of portfolios on getting a job as a teacher. We then as a class discussed what types of things should be in a portfolio, and what types of things should not be, although mostly we just had fabulous ideas ;) I created a wordle to show you some of the things we thought should be included in this important (or not important to some) document.

As I begin to create my portfolio and collect artifacts, update my resume and all that fun stuff, I wonder how crucial it is and how big of a difference it will make when heading into a job interview. As students in the education faculty we get mixed messages, some professors say it's good to have, others say its kind of a waste of time no administrator has time to look at it. Who knows!?! I guess we'll all make one, just to have, hopefully keep it updated, and maybe it will give us an edge when it comes to job interview time!

~L

No comments:

Post a Comment